- Mentors are educators who constantly present and evaluate learning material to the learner to mould and shape children’s behaviours.
- Changing our negative attitudes towards learners is a positive strategy to curb bad behaviour.
- Show learners you care, and you are not there to catch them out, but to help.
- See students with problems and not problem students. identify the problem and find ways to eliminate it.
- Grow your world view as you encounter problems. See it as an opportunity to develop new skills as you apply positive ways to solve these problems.
As we change our mindset, there is a shift on focus from blaming to giving support. Most behaviour problems are a call for help